1. These terms and conditions are brought to you by Crest of London, the trading name of Crest Trading Ltd, of 11 Bentinck Street, London W1U 2EP. These terms and conditions apply to all orders and supersede any previous. Signed placement of an order from you, constitutes your acceptance that our conditions are the only conditions that apply to the contract notwithstanding any purported terms put forward by you.
2. Payment Terms – For all orders full payment is required on order placement. No order will be put into production or dispatched prior to settlement of invoices pertaining to such order.
3. Products We reserve the right to alter any details or design of products illustrated without prior notice and while every effort is made to describe our goods accurately on sales literature, email and the website no warranty is given as to accuracy and no responsibility will be accepted for error or mis-description and any resulting loss.
4. Representation. The products bearing names, logos and trademarks in Crest of London’s literature and website do not necessarily indicate (or imply) that the products have been supplied to the owner of the name or trademark, but are an illustration of branding techniques.
5. Quotations and contracts Orders are accepted subject to our right to adjust prices quoted to take account of any changes in the law or Government regulations requiring us to increase prices by way of direct taxation, import duties, customs and excise duties or otherwise. Quotations are valid on the date of issue, however should costs of production or materials rise prior to full payment of an order, we shall be entitled to charge such increases to you. On orders for which full payment has been received, Crest of London will not raise prices unless we need to do so in accordance with changes in the law or Government regulations. All quotations are valid at the time of quoting error and omissions excluded.
6. Prices Where applicable all prices are subject to VAT at the current rate. Prices quoted on our website and in any of our sales literature are meant as guide prices only, and are subject to sight of final artwork. Once artwork and full specifications have been finalised, your final price will be confirmed and invoice raised for payment prior to production. Prices quoted are exclusive of VAT and any other taxes, levies, duty, import duty or any other similar charges whatsoever, all of which are the total responsibility of the client and liable for payment in full by the client. Crest of London shall be entitled to charge any VAT payable whether or not shown on quotation or invoice at the applicable rate.
7. Payment. Payment may be made by credit card – Visa, Mastercard or American Express via telephone to our sales department. We also accept company cheques made payable to Crest Trading Ltd. No work will commence on any order until cheque payment has been cleared.
8. Samples of any of the items illustrated on our literature, website and emails MAY available upon request and will be charged at the lowest quantity rate plus delivery costs - payable by credit card only. No credit will be given on samples returned, however should a full order ensure, where possible Crest if London will credit any set up costs incurred towards the final invoice. Please note that due to production complexities involved in some over-branding procedures, it is not always possible to provide a fully customized or branded sample for your review.
9. Quantity changes Any changes in quantity ordered must be made in writing to us prior to commencement of processing. Any increase in the order must be regarded as a separate contract unless written notification is received before work commences on the original order.
10. Artwork and printing All artwork, printing and etching charges will be levied where necessary unless previously stipulated by us. Where applicable the prices shown include artwork, printing one colour one position, or etching. For additional print colours and positions of printing or etching, please contact the Corporate Sales Department for an exact quotation.
11. Changes to artwork In order to print efficiently from the artwork you supply, it maybe necessary to adjust or redraw your artwork. You will be advised of the changes made. No printing will take place until Crest of London has received in writing your signed approval of the artwork. In order to sign off your artwork we will send you an artwork approval form via email. This MUST be checked thoroughly and signed off. The job will not commence until we have received in writing this signed off approval. You must notify us of any discrepancy in the artwork or order as we DO NOT accept any liability of any post-completion errors or omissions.
12. Colour variations Due to the variety of materials and printing and etching processes utilised by Crest of London at it’s suppliers, no guarantee can be given to match exactly pantone numbers or colour samples provided by the client. Crest of London will endeavour to match as closely as possible to these colour references but cannot be held liable for any further costs that may arise.
13. Minimum Quantity Due to the production, printing and etching methods used, a minimum quantity is sometimes applied to certain products using certain over-branding techniques. Where you require a quantity smaller than the minimum quantity shown, ordering less than this number is sometimes possible but usually carries a surcharge, please contact us for an exact quotation. There is no minimum order on products where no personalization or over-branding is required.
14. Delivery and lead times Every effort will be made to deliver on time, but any delivery day or lead-time specified is a best estimate and no liability is accepted for any loss arising from delay or error in the delivery of the goods. All deliveries will be charged at the prevailing rates applying at the date of such delivery. Special rush deliveries can usually be arranged but will usually be subject to additional charges (e.g. rush print charges and rush delivery charges) that will be charged to you at current commercial rates. Lead times will be deemed to commence at the date and time that full payment has been received and artwork sign off has been received from the client. Delivery costs will be payable by the client and will be invoiced following dispatch of the order. Crest of London will endeavour to use the most cost and time efficient method of shipping, however we cannot be held responsible for any items lost, damaged or delayed in transit. Often completed orders may be heavy, and it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they have appropriate equipment and manual labour for unloading the goods.
For orders shipped outside the UK, Crest of London cannot be held responsible should local custom authorities confiscate any shipment (or part thereof), delay shipment or charge import duty or other levies.
15. Risk. All items ordered shall be at the client’s risk from when delivery takes place in accordance with Condition 6 above or, if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the items, the time when Crest of London has tendered delivery of the items ordered.
16. Claims Claims arising from damages, delay or partial loss in transit must be made in writing to us, so as to reach us within 5 days of delivery. All claims with regard to the quality or quantity of the goods shall be made in writing to us, so as to reach us within 5 days of receipt of goods or such goods shall be deemed to comply as to quality and quantity with the terms of the contract. You must examine all goods delivered at the time of delivery and confirm receipt. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to the goods in transit unless loss or damage is noted at the time of delivery. Claims in respect of non-delivery must be made in writing so as to reach us within 4 days from receipt of our invoice.
17. Liability Save in so far as defects in the goods cause death, injury or damage to personal property, our liability for any loss or damage suffered by you in respect of the goods shall be limited to the contract value of the goods. We can accept no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the supply of goods under this contract Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the right of a consumer.
18. Cancellation charges A charge will be made on all cancelled orders, together with the charge for all work carried out up to the date of written cancellation.
19. Returns Policy Crest of London will refund or exchange any product which has not been personalized, customized, over-printed or altered in anyway from its original condition provided it is returned - in a resaleable condition - within 28 days of purchase. The purchaser must bear the carriage costs of returning unwanted or unsuitable products. Crest of London are unable to rebate any shipping and handling charges incurred as part of the order.
20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of the Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. Force majeure We will not be held responsible for failure or delay in the carrying out of our obligations under the contract arising out of any cause outside our reasonable control or by inability to procure materials or articles except at higher prices due to any such cause and in such circumstances we shall be entitled by notice to terminate the contract in whole or in part without incurring any liability to you.